Cisco Model EPC3208 EuroDOCSIS 3.0 8×4 Cable Modem with Embedded Digital Voice Adapter[DOCSIS,Cable Modems,DATA TRANSMISSION]
The Cisco EPC3208 EuroDOCSIS 3.0 8×4 Cable Modem (EPC3208) is a high-speed cable modem with an embedded digital voice adapter. The EPC3208 provides a faster connection to the Internet by incorporating eight bonded downstream channels along with four bonded upstream channels. These bonded channels deliver downstream data rates in excess of 440 Mbps. That’s up to eight times faster than conventional single-channel EuroDOCSIS™ 2.0 cable modems.
The EPC3208 uses advanced line-interface technology to provide multi-country, toll-quality telephone service using existing in-home wiring. The EPC3208 features single-line or two RJ-11 telephone ports for voice, and supports a total of 10 REN loading, 5 REN per phone line.
The EPC3208 is designed to meet EuroPacketCable™ 1.5 and EuroDOCSIS 3.0 specifications as well as being backward compatible with EuroDOCSIS 2.0, 1.1, and 1.0 networks. The EPC3208 fully supports the CODECs specified in PacketCable 1.5. Additional CODECs are available through a software upgrade that includes a high-fidelity CODEC option for toll-quality plus service. Standard VoIP call signaling is compliant with PacketCable (MGCP/NCS) specifications. Software upgrades are available to support Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) call signaling.
- Eight (8) bonded downstream channels with data rates in excess of 440 Mbps
- Four (4) bonded upstream channels with data rates in excess of 120 Mbps
- Designed to meet EuroDOCSIS 3.0 specifications as well as backward compatibility with existing EuroDOCSIS 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0 networks
- EuroDOCSIS compliant support for IPv6/IPv4
- Expanded tuning range, 108-1002 MHz
- Two-line embedded digital voice adapter for wired telephony service
- Toll-quality, high-compression, and high-fidelity (exceeding toll quality) CODEC options
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port with Auto-negotiate and Auto-MDIX
- Support for up to 64 users
- Attractive compact design and versatile orientation to stand vertically, lie flat on the desktop or shelf, or mount easily on a wall
- Dual-color LED status indicators on the front panel indicate cable modem operational status
- Easy-to-understand generic icons communicate the purpose of each LED
- TR-068 compliant color-coded connectors and cables simplify installation and setup
- Rugged electronic components for long-term reliability
- Software upgradeable by network download
- Remote manageability using SNMP V1/V2 and V3